Saturday, August 14, 2010

Brady's Quilt

Brady's quilt didn't have a name until a few days ago when Brady was finally born and we found out he was a boy!  I made this quilt for my sister-in-law's baby shower.  Since she didn't know whether she was having a boy or girl, I had to go with gender neutral fabric.  I used 2 charm packs of Frolic by Sandy Gervais for Moda (along with 2 white charm packs) and I thought it turned out pretty cute. 

The backing fabric is Cosmic Flowers in Grass from the same line with the leftover charms for my first pieced back.  The backing was perfect since I didn't know whether it was a boy or girl...mostly green with blue and pink on it.  (Although not too much pink, now that we know he's a boy.)  I used the Patchwork and Points tutorial from Moda Bake Shop but used binding instead of prairie points.

I feel like I rearranged those charms over and over to get them *perfectly* random but I was either really tired when I did it or they got rearraged during sewing.  Now I see too many similar colors and patterns beside each other, but I'm working to let go of that perfectionism because I really do like how it came out.

Kelly's Quilt - Front

Kelly's Quilt - Pieced Back

If I asked my son to pose for a picture, he wouldn't...he'd close his eyes and try to hide his head.  But since I was trying to take a picture of a quilt, he thought he should jump right into it.

1 comment:

  1. congrats on the baby.. and the quilt!! ...as for rearranging.. we all do it.. and sometimes you just have to "let go" !! ;-)

    ReplyDelete